Discuss The Different Kinds Of Clause And Sentence discuss in detail below:
Discuss The Different Kinds Of Clause And Sentence
- Independent clause (main clause)
»A clause in a complex sentence that can stand alone as a complete sentence.
- Students read a lot of books in the college
- Dependent clause
» A Clause in a complex sentence that cannot stand alone as a complete sentence and that functions within the sentence as a noun or adjective or adverb.
- That the work is over…….
- NOTE: always remember that a dependent clause usually begins with any of the following Subordinating Conjunction.
- That After
- Even though
- Simple Sentence
» A string of words satisfying the grammatical rules of a language » A sentence is a group of words that makes complete sense.
- He writes a letter.
2. Complex sentence
» A sentence composed of at least one main clause and one subordinate clause.
- I wanted to go abroad after I did my graduation.
Independent clause Dependent clause.
3. Compound sentence
» A sentence composed of at least two coordinate independent clauses
» Coordinator: FANBOYS
- I play tennis, but I dislike hockey.
Independent clause Independent clause